a beautiful place in the Caribbean. Over the last fifteen years,
Cabarete has changed from a sleepy fishing village to the Windsurfing
Kitesurfing capital of the Caribbean.
Specially in the last two years Cabarete became really famous
for his perfect Surf Conditions.
Surfing at the North
Coast - try it !
With more than 300 sunfilled days every year and an average temperature
between 25-30 C
(80-90 F) makes this a perfect place for both sports freaks as
for sunloving lazybones. In the evening Cabarete converts to a
romantic scenery with hundreds of candle lit tables on the beach....
From 10 it is party time in Cabarete, on the beach you will find many different varieties of restaurants and bars, appealing to all tastes.
Not in vain Cabarete is called the Party town in the Caribbean.
Accept of this, there are many thing to do arround Cabarete.
- "El Choco National Park"Bordered by the foothills of the Cordillera Septentrional to the south and the Cabarete Lagoon to the North, the park guards 77 square kilometers (48 square miles) of pasture land, lagoon, jungle, tropical plants, Caribbean birds, caves, and abruptly jutting hills. Many of the freshwater springs encountered in the park have subterraneous origins deep in the belly of the earth.
- 27 Waterfalls of Rio Damajagua, nestled in the rolling hills of the Northern Corridor mountain range, lie behind the long stalks of sugar cane. Mother Nature has crafted twenty-seven awe-inspiring pools, etched out of limestone rock.
- Puerto Plata tour and Isabella de Torres. Located 45 minutes west of Cabarete, towards Puerto Plata, is Mount Isabel. You can't miss it on your drive there. This is a close area to do some hiking and see some beautiful views of the countryside.
- White water rafting
- Snorkeling and Scuba DivingClear turquoise waters in the Sosua area, just 15 minutes from Cabarete, cater to unique scuba diving & snorkeling experiences, and an abundance of underwater life. Whether you desire gear rental, or diving certification, a number of shops located in the area will be more than happy to prepare you for the sea.
- Horseback riding Whether you're a first time rider, or have been riding for many years, you will not be disappointed in the trips available through several ranches in the area. You can ride on the beach along the ocean coast, or take trails through the lush tropical mountain forests, or both!
- Spanish lesson
- Salsa, Bachata and Merenque
- Mountain biking
And more other things..........
To see more pictures go to our GALLERY